
So after a good 7 months of academic slavery I was finally able to experience one of the perks of academia - funded trips to conferences. A truly fantastic experience, made even better of course by the

four hour delayed flight into Washington DC which meant I missed my conference presentation. Therefore, with no commitments, beautiful weather, and the department paying the bills - I settled back for a few days of luxury. With the cherry blossom festival only a week away there were already parts of the city blooming, making walks around the town a very peaceful experience indeed. The conference was also very interesting, with topics based on the general theme of behavioral medicine. I discovered the best sushi I have eaten (and thus ate there 4 times in 2 days), 'netw

orked' until my arms fell off, caught a few museum tours, and then gladly passed out at my hotel. So I think this conference deal is a good one - now the challenge is to smuggle Jen with me as my young secretary.
Pictured: The cherry blossoms of DC, a different 'slant' on a telephone box at the Hirshhorn, and to ensure that this trip wasn't too high brow...the best door mat I have seen in awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment