The locals made us feel most welcome as we arrived in town…with one fine gentleman declaring as we drove past…’…if you hit me, I will hit you back’. Fair enough I say! Then we began our tour of our first Midwestern Festival – and the most striking array of gastronomical adventures I have seen in awhile. From deep fried Twinkies to chocolate-dipped cheese cake on a stick…turkey legs the size of small children…elephant ears and anything else you could possibly imagine to
deep fry. As we walked around…taking a day off our lives with every bite of food…the most amazing aspect of the festival was the distinct lack of blueberries. Granted – you could have get them mixed with sugar...in a smoothie or ice cream – but if you just wanted plain blueberries – then the blueberry festival was not the place to be. A cool experience none-the-less – and then it was back to
Monday, September 03, 2007
The Annual Blueberry Festival…without Blueberries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment