Thursday, July 27, 2006

'Stoned' in Los Angeles

Well it has been only a week since my departure from Melbourne, and quite an adjustment it has been. The move from Melbourne's winter to a Southern Californian heat wave hit me hard, with 40 degree heat and jetlag taking its toll. Naturally, my ability to maintain a pasty white complexion, despite hours in the sun, remains unchallenged.
As the cobwebs cleared and I began to slowly adjust to the heat, the final kicker came through - a kidney stone! Needless to say, I didn't really see this one coming, and after two days of excruciating pain, it was finally time to acquaint myself with the infamous American health care system. A surprisingly pleasant experience, which didn’t require a bank loan, and with the help of Jennifer I am slowly recovering.
Now despite getting 'stoned', it has been incredible being back in LA. With final goodbyes now being said, the preparations for the trip are going into full force. Six days and counting before our road trip across America begins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Errol,
I am Julia Maxwell's aunt. My sister Kathy (whom you visited once in San Francisco) gave me a link to your blog. My husband and I live in Salt Lake City. Our house is undergoing a little construction, and we only just moved in a month ago, but, if you can handle a little dust, we have plenty of space here for you to stay. We have gorgeous mountains and the Mormon Tabernacle. we would be happy to show you around either, your choice:). E-mail me at bsi@xmission.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Ez,
Happy for you in your anticipation of your journey across the rugged American planes. Very jealous.
I know a guy in Hicksville west of Hick County called Leroy Lumpsmacker who'd be glad to show you round in his horse-cart. We met on Jerry Springer; great guy.

All the best buddy

Phillip said...

Holy crap, dude..you didn't say anything about a kidneystone! Zoinks! That is no kinda fun. See ya soon, mate!

Aloha,
-Phillip

Anonymous said...

Dude...

Good luck man, we have to catch up when im in NYC next january. Say hey the gal. We can catch up at the garden to watch the Kinicks. You playing ball at ND?