Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Get off my leg...

Ok so we have made it through our first week in Indiana, and what a week it has been! Our main priority was getting our apartment set up before school starts, and thus we have been in and out of more furniture stores in the past week than I ever wish to see again. We have hunted high and low for furniture that we could afford and that didn’t have an ‘interesting’ past, or smelt like curry, and have had our legs humped by almost every salesman in town – an experience that somehow leaves you feeling dirty and cheap...and has left very little desire to own a home with more than one bedroom.

But finally, with a bit of wheeling and dealing, we have managed to get most of the basics taken care of – and our apartment is now very much livable…although we now have to wait almost a week for the internet and cable tv to be connected - a fact that Jen believes excludes us from considering the apartment to be in any way livable.

So all is going very well – with our apartment coming together nicely, and Jen and I still talking to each other – it seems we have passed our first test. We now have about a week before school starts in earnest, so we are going to try and settle down and relax – with our days spent near a pool and our nights spent thinking of new corn recipes – ahh the life -

Pictured: Our apartment – complete with the cut price furniture we nearly killed ourselves finding (color still to come) and above - our first look at the Notre Dame campus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! Ez you are such a great writer! You make me want to pack up all my stuff and go on an adventure and move across the country too! :) I gave your link to Rebecca (one of my maids of honor--Jen knows her a bit) because she's moving to Blackpool, England for a year so I thought it might be cool for her to read. :)

We miss you guys so much! I am excited for you to be all settled and ready to start what lies ahead. I hope you continue to have great adventures in your first few weeks of school and work. I am glad you have each other to lean on! Talk to you soon, Laura