Saturday, August 26, 2006

Swimming anyone?

The past week has also seen Jen start school and land an awesome part time job. She starts this weekend and I am sure is looking forward to having something better to do with her days than study or watch movies…hmmm…maybe not. We have also continued to explore this area, tracking down an incredible farmers market…which for the first time that I have seen actually includes the farmers at the market. All that Midwestern goodness is on sale: from corn, to home-made cookies and pie, to corn, to peaches, apples, and corn. We also tracked down a nice set of parks along the river, attended a few more parties (taking our ‘friend’ count into double digits!) and checked out the Irish pub in town. To our surprise, ‘Fiddlers’ was as close to a Melbourne pub as I have seen in America, dispensing decent beer in a uniquely offensive surrounding…beautiful!
The adventure continues this weekend with a trip to the site of the world’s largest rocking chair…and people said Indiana would be dull!

Pictured: Our ‘welcoming’ pool sign – doesn’t the mention of diarrhea make you just want to jump right in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sign is nasty...I propose you 2 pull a little mysterious prank involving the middle of the night, a permanent marker and that sign...hehehe. Glad you know have more than 9 friends. :)-Laura